18 EAST VANS HALF CAB OG - ECRU / OFF-WHITE
Introducing the 18 East Half-Cab - the culmination of a 2.5 year design process. Every effort was taken by our team to ensure this silhouette replicates the original, made-in-California build that was popularized by some of the most influential street skaters in history. Each pair features both period-correct design elements and a few subtle touches that quietly tie them back to the brand, including:
- Heritage detailing such as the original, densely-padded black tongue, natural topstitching, additional ollie toe cap, matte white outsole with tonal foxing stripe, and the original construction non-removable insole - made from UltraCush - for maximum board feel and long lasting support.
- An indigo suede Half-Cab label at the ankle which nods to our utilization of India’s rich tradition of natural dyes.
- A debossed suede panel behind that label featuring the intricate textile pattern that comes from our Gorecki cargo pant.
- Tonal cotton ripstop at the less abrasion-prone panels for organic breathability.
- OG woven Half-Cab label at the tongue in inverted white/black colorway with additional EAST loop label in the Van Doren typeface at front and a dedication to “Packy, A-Dog and 145 Cherry” - the people and places that first sparked us.
- Each pair comes with a polaroid sticker of legendary Vermont DJ Andy “A-Dog” Williams (shot and made by Vermont photographer Tomas Ruprecht), who served as inspiration for the project.
- The first 100 pairs sold also include a cassette of SLOW FIDELITY SESSIONS vol. 1– a mixtape made by Crusty Cuts in tribute to A-Dog featuring music from iconic 90’s skate videos as selected by the 18 East team.
Please note this is a limited quick strike release - there are no returns or exchanges on this style.